Vision at Baylor Grapevine…
“To be trusted as the best place to give and receive safe, quality, compassionate health care.”
A little history…
Baylor Grapevine has offered quality, comprehensive care with a caring, human touch since it first began as a six-bed facility in 1953. After joining the Baylor Health Care System in 1981, Baylor Grapevine has continued to provide award-winning care and has grown into a 314-bed facility that offers quality medical services for cardiovascular services, women’s services, diagnostic imaging, neonatal intensive care, sleep disorders, intensive and emergency care.
Drs. Ed and Minnie Lancaster touched many lives when they opened the Grapevine Clinic and Hospital in 1953. In 1960, they joined with Dr. Carlton Pittard and established the Ann B. Lancaster Memorial Foundation, named in honor Dr. Ed Lancaster’s mother. It was their dream and hard work that evolved into the Baylor Regional Medical Center that is still thriving today. In 2003, the new patient tower was named after Dr. Ed and Minnie Lancaster.
Both newcomers and Grapevine citizens have relied on Baylor Hospital for years. It also provides access to quality medical care for our neighbors in Northeast Tarrant, Southwest Denton, and Northwest Dallas counties. In 2004, the hospital was renamed Baylor Regional Medical Center and currently serves residents from more than 20 cities throughout the DFW region.
Click here for more info on Baylor Grapevine’s history.
Baylor Grapevine Continues Expanding to Meet Regional Needs…
Baylor Grapevine is an outstanding facility that continuously strives to achieve quality patient outcomes and national recognition for its quality efforts and medical care.
A few awards and accomplishments include:
- 2011 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission.
- Commission on Cancer and National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers from the American College of Surgeons.
- Primary Stroke Center Designation from the Joint Commission.
- 2009 Texas Award for Performance Excellent from the Quality Texas Foundation.
- 2008 National Press Ganey Awards
– The hospital received the Success Story award for outstanding improvement in patient satisfaction scores.
– The emergency room was awarded the Compass award for rating top in patient satisfaction improvements.
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation with full Cycle III and Cycle II accreditation with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Texas Ten Step Facility
- 2008 Quality Texas Foundation Progress Award for demonstrating “a sound, balanced approach to organizational management and performance improvement.”
- American Diabetes Association Recognition for the Diabetes Education Center, which is one of the largest multi-site programs in the country.
- Texas Health Care Quality Improvement Award of Excellence from TMF Health Quality Institute.
- 2007 Mother-Friendly Worksite Designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services for new mothers to continue breastfeeding after returning to work.
- 2007 VHA Leadership Award for Clinical Excellence
- Accredited Sleep Center
- Accredited Weight Loss Surgery
Look here for more info on Baylor Grapevine’s awards and accreditation.
Baylor Grapevine Highlights:
- Emergency Department
- Heart & Vascular Care
- Advanced Diagnostic Imaging
- Surgical Services
- Recognition & Awards
- Community Programs
Baylor Grapevine is a huge supporter of local communities. They provide outreach programs, health fairs, screenings, health presentations and supplies to area school districts, chambers of commerce, churches, health associations, employers and civic organizations.
Volunteer! Look here for more info on how you can volunteer at Baylor Grapevine TODAY.
Specialties & Services
Get help when you need it. Click here for a complete list and to find additional info and links for all of the services and specialties offered at Baylor Grapevine.
- Full Emergency Care
- Cardiovascular Center
- Full GI and Endoscopy
- Labor and Delivery
- Imaging and Radiology
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Men’s Health
- Pediatric Care
- Spine Center
- Surgical Services
- Senior Care
- Orthopedic Surgery
Baylor Events and Classes Calendar
Click here to browse a listing of the classes that are offered at Baylor Grapevine. The hospital offers classes in CPR, childbirth, breastfeeding, yoga for survivors, and cancer support groups.